Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Spreading Winter Joy

This Christmas I won't have my family with me. My parents have gone to visit my little sister this year. Since I'm home alone I've definitely had to make an effort to bring Christmas cheer into my life. I've decorated my house and gotten a tree. I had a small Christmas party with some of my closest friends.

Overall it's worked pretty well. I'm still sad that my parents and sister aren't around to celebrate with me, but I'm not depressed and have even found that old sense of Christmas joy and euphoria.

Here's some pictures of things that make me smile. Hopefully they will do the same for you. If you are home alone for Christmas like me, just remember that Christmas spirit is something within each of us. We just need to find a way to tap into it to find that sense of euphoria.

Happy Holidays!!

Christmas lights always make me smile!

I love the way light dances on glass.


The Nutcracker is one of my favorite ballets and reminds me of my childhood


Mary waits for her baby boy...

A clementine tree that I made for my party. The silliest things make me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment