Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Lily of the Valley

                                                             
                                                                8"x10" acrylic on canvas

A recent painting I did of some Lily of the Valley. The florist at my day job was recently fired. He had been working at our establishment for many years and I was very sad to see him go. I decided that since he had been sharing his talents with us for so many years, that I would share mine with him. He had told me that his favorite flower was Lily of the Valley because of the memories he had of being a child staying at his grandmother's house. His grandmother was famous in the neighborhood for the many Lily of the Valley that she had growing alongside her home and he remembers keeping the windows open at night so that their sweet smell could lull him to sleep.

Such a sweet story was an easy inspiration for me and this piece came very quickly for me. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment