Friday, May 9, 2014

Etsy Featured Artist: Olivyea

I am often stumbling across inspiration when clicking through the internet and have decided to share some of these discoveries with my faithful readers.

Etsy is a wonderful place to find inspirational pieces by some truly amazing artists and artisans. While 'taking a stroll' amongst Etsy's wares I came across the shop Olivyea (artist name Danielle Olivyea Christian ) Her works are definitely inspired by the impressionists with a few pieces moving more into pointillism.


This is the piece that first caught my eye. I absolutely LOVE her use of color and the way that she's captured the light here is beautiful.

 
She's also not afraid be more abstract and allow the light to take center stage

 
Here is a piece that definitely appears to be more inspired by the pointillists, but her love of light and color are still clearly visible even as she plays around with her brushstrokes.



Not very many of the paintings in her shop have people in them. Of the pieces that do, I personally like this one the best. I love her use of aerial perspective. I've stated that she's never afraid to allow things to get more abstract and that's true of the background in this piece as well.

 
 
If you love color and light, then painting a sunset seems like a pretty natural subject to be drawn to. I'm again drawn to her lovely use of color to capture this.
 
 
I would love to hear what you think about Danielle's work so please feel free to share! :)
Did you enjoy this blog post? Would you like me to continue posting features on various artists and artisans?
 
To see more of Danielle's work, check out her shop at https://www.etsy.com/shop/Olivyea?ref=pr_shop_more When you do, be sure to click on her profile page as well. Her bio is as inspiring as her work!
 
You can read more on impressionism by going to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impressionism
You can read more on pointillism by going to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pointillism
 


2 comments:

  1. I have several paintings by Danielle and they bring so much light and beauty into our home each day! They are a treasured part of our lives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to comment, Anonymous! It's always wonderful when you know that your artwork has gone to a good home. I'm sure that Danielle feels very blessed to have you as a patron. :)

      Delete